Monday, June 24, 2013

A Pinterest Week - Day 1

Since Mike has been gone for awhile and may still be gone for up to another 12-13 days, I am starting to go a little stir crazy with the girls.

This afternoon I sat down and went through my Pinterest boards and made a plan for something fun to do each day this week. We ran to town tonight and picked up a few things I would need to make this happen.

Tonight's activity was making some shirts to wear on the 4th of July. (This was more of an activity for me, but Kylie got to help a little).

I already had red rick rack, HeatnBond and a white onesie for Sidney. So I needed some blue ribbon and a white shirt for Kylie. We hit up the local craft store and got what we needed for tonight and for later this week. Then we went to Shopko to find a white shirt for Kylie. Little did I know it would be slightly difficult. There was nothing in the baby/toddler/preschooler section. So I went to the girls section. I saw an adorable white tank top that had a little lace and glitter on the top and bottom and was excited since it would be perfect and they had an XS. Then I looked at the price and saw that this little girls tank top was $17! I don't know about you, but I'm not buying my 3 year old a $17 tank top when I wouldn't even do that for myself! :)
Then I thought maybe they would have those undershirts you can buy for little girls. I was lucky enough to find a package of Fruit of the Loom tank tops that had a white tank in it. It was also the only size S there, so I lucked out! Kylie was also excited because the other two tanks in the package were a pink one and a purple one. (Her two current favorite colors!)

So after a some rick rack cutting, some extremely difficult bow making, and some serious HeatnBond issues; leading to tacky glue use; we finally got the shirts done. We made Kylie's first, and as a result, I like Sidney's better. :) Even though the iron made the red bleed out onto her white onesie a bit.

Here are the finished products (horrible pictures, I know). Looking forward to putting the girls in them on the fourth!

working on Kylie's shirt
 

my seriously horrible plan with the heatnbond
 

Yea Tack Glue! (here's to hoping the shirts don't
get too dirty and require serious washing! Ha,
who am I kidding!)
 

The finished product.
:)
 
Tomorrow is either going to be rubber band painting or moon sand. Not sure yet!
 
 
Here is the link to the site with the shirt idea. - I for the life of me can't make bows from scratch. And how she made her bows cute like that - I don't think I will ever figure out!



No comments:

Post a Comment