Monday, April 22, 2013

A Snowman and Muddy Puddles!

We woke up this morning, to large quantities of heavy sticky snow. Not very exciting to us adults, but to 3 year olds it is fabulous!

It totally put a damper on my cleaning/shopping schedule this week in order to get things ready for visitors. So since the majority of my day was already squashed do to the snow, I figured it was ok to promise Kylie some snow time this afternoon. :)

It stopped snowing mid morning so we ran to town to do a couple of errands and go to the grocery store to buy a carrot.

By the time we got home, it was snowing and starting to blow. Kylie was still determined to go out though. So after everyone had lunch and I put Sidney down for her nap, Kylie and I headed out to make her first snowman.

"First snowman?" you ask. Yes. She is 3.5 yrs old and we still haven't made a real snowman. ( I wouldn't really count this as a real one either, but she was happy with it!) It seems that where we've been living, we have never gotten any really good snowman snow - and if we did get it, it was WAY to unbelievably cold to go outside and play in it.

Here are a few pics of her first snowman.
(I remember these being easier to make when I was little!)

Kylie getting it started
 

Sticking in the nose!
 

Adding the buttons!
 

Kylie and her little snowman!
 
 
The wind was getting kinda bad, so she wasn't real enthused about making a real big one. This was a perfect Kylie sized snowman though!
 
One of Kylie's fav. cartoons on tv is called Peppa Pig. Peppa loves jumping in muddy puddles after it rains. So, since we have a giant muddy driveway now due to the melting snow, Kylie couldn't resist doing some muddy puddle jumping. Even though I knew her feet would get soaking wet, I let her have her fun since I am sure (hopefully!) this will be the last real snowfall until this fall. (I HOPE!)
 
 

I love this picture. :)
 

Over by the cow fence
(where all the babies come wandering out!)
 

 
 
Hope you all have a good week. I am sure it will be better than mine. I will be cleaning all week! :) Out of love! 


No comments:

Post a Comment