Monday, June 20, 2016

Hair Cuts!!!

 I had been wanting a hair cut for the longest time.....so I finally got one scheduled!
It was so long it was starting to be completely impossible. But it was also so long that I was able to donate it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths again. They are based out of Grand Rapids, MN and make wigs for women suffering from cancer.


My before pictures:


My after picture:

I cut off over 14 inches of hair. And once these ponies are trimmed, they
should have around 12 inches of hair to use for wigs.



And of course, as soon as I got mine cut, Kylie was ready to get hers cut. So the week after my hair cut, I was able to get her in.

She also wanted to donate her hair, and had to realize that in order to have enough hair to donate, it has to get cut a little shorter than she wanted. But she was up for it!

She originally wanted it cut just below her shoulder, but it ended up a little above that!

Kylie's befores:



getting her hair washed after it got cut off!

making it all even


Kylie's afters:
Kylie had just enough to donate to the organization Children With Hair Loss (CWHL)
 that is out of MI. They give wigs to kids who are suffering from any
medical condition that causes them to lose their hair.



All dolled up by Miss Jennifer.
:)


She looks SO different with her hair cut!

I am so proud of her for wanting to donate her hair to other children. It took me a little research to find a place that gives their wigs to children, but who will also only take 8 inches of hair. I'm really glad I was able to find CWHL.

And now, of course, Sidney wants to get her hair cut. To her chin.
We'll see if that happens. She was terrified of her first hair cut, so we'll see. She won't have enough hair to donate, but maybe she will want to do that when she gets older. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment