Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Cookies

I was going to make cookies yesterday.

The same kind I made at Christmas and Valentine's Day. I checked the ingredient list and checked my sugar stash and how many eggs I had. I headed to the store and bought sugar, eggs and the heavy whipping cream.

Yesterday afternoon I got all the stuff out to make them. I then realized that I did not have enough flour for a full batch. :(

Well, needless to say, I wasn't going back to town to get flour and I still wanted to make cookies. (I need snacks despite my wanting to lose these last few baby pounds!)
So, we made a half batch.

We were in town today for library so I picked some flour up and we may be totally making another half batch later.. We are bringing some to Margaret at work on Friday so we have to make some more.

Here are a couple pictures from Kylie helping and a photo of her final cookies.

They are delicious.
I am contemplating making some for Sidney's baptism weekend - another good excuse to make yummy cookies.

Kylie starting some decorating
 

So happy to decorate.
(funny looking with eyes closed though!)
 

How Sidney was feeling through most of the cookie making.
:)
 

 

The finished product.
(minus one cookie that got a little too brown on the edges
and thus had to be eaten!)


Kylie and I each had a couple cookies, but then I bagged them up and sent them with Mike to work so he could share with everyone while they are doing burns.

We now have some more flour, so we will make more tomorrow to bring to Margaret and for us to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment