Monday, February 11, 2013

4 month shots

Sidney had her four month shots last week. Things went much smoother this time around. I didn't cry!
Sidney totally did though. But she was done crying before we even got out to the waiting room and she was smiling before we even left the building.
I do need to vent one thing though - I hate how they do shots here. Vaccines aren't given at the clinic. They give them at the Public Health office. I am ok with that, and there isn't really anything wrong with how they do shots, I just don't like it. When Kylie was a baby & got her shots back at her clinic in Rapid City, the nurse would have her lay on the table and the nurse would "pin" her legs down while I held Kylie's hands and two nurses would give the shots at the same time. So fast and so nice.
Here, I have to hold Sidney in my lap and hold her arms down and hold her leg down & still so that one lady can give the shot and another lady can put on a band-aid. Then I have to turn her around to do the other leg.
I can kinda see how me holding her could be soothing, but I hate having to hold her down for the process....Ok, I'm done venting.

Here is a pic of my smiley Sid just before we left the office. :)

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say I would be upset about that also. How we do it at our clinic is how they did it at Rapid City for Kylie. So much nicer to just get it over with as quickly as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not alone in feeling that way!
    I hate having to be the one holding her down for that torture!

    ReplyDelete