Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tree decorating and Gingerbread Houses

This year I said, Forget it, we are buying a tree from the store. I didn't really want to, but I wasn't really feeling cutting down a ponderosa pine for our tree this year. :)

We got a really nice one and got it set up. It only took a few sprays with the water bottle before the cats realized it was not for them. They had 5 or so ornaments down after the first night, and only 1 the second night. I saw Ember attempt to climb the tree once, but some water deterred her from really going far. I would say we are incredibly lucky they have listened and have left it alone. :)

Mike and I strung the lights and the girls did all the ornaments. :) I think our tree looked pretty good this year. :)


We let the kitties sniff out the tree. As long as they didn't try to chew it or climb it, they
didn't get sprayed with water. :)











We also went and watched the parade of lights the first weekend of Dec too.
It was cold. But the girls had a blast and got some fun things and candy too. :)




 We also hung the lights on the house that day too..... not quite what I originally planned, but it still looks good. :)



We also made a little gingerbread village this year. I wanted to do a big house like usual, but all the kits at the store already had the house assembled, so we just got a little village kit so that we can assemble them ourselves. :)









Kylie and her houses

Sidney and her houses.


No comments:

Post a Comment