Monday, September 30, 2013

Our ONE year old!

UPDATED! PICTURES ADDED!!


This has felt like the fastest year of my life! I can't believe that Sidney is a whole year old today. It doesn't even feel like it!

She is one busy little lady though! She crawls as fast as a race car and can climb just about anything. She still only takes 3-4 steps at any given time though. I think she can tell she can get around faster just by crawling!

Only word so far is Dada. But I may have heard her call me Mama in the right context today! It kinda melted my heart! I am still signing things, but still waiting for a response. One day it will happen.

She broke another tooth through during out trip, so she has 5 teeth now. I would say only 3-4 of them are fully out though.

She weighed in at 19.2 lbs and was 29.75 inches long by my measurements today. Her well visit is Wednesday and I'll compare stats and get percentiles then.

Her favorite foods are bananas, apples, bbq chicken and spaghetti. Green beans and any snack food given to her are pretty high up on the list of favorites too. She doesn't really seem to really dislike any foods though. That is very nice.

She loves to play in the water, whether it's a pool or the tub, or just a bowl of water. She loves being outside, although we haven't been able to do that much lately. She also loves pushing toys around and moving items back and forth and taking them in and out of containers. It is mildly hilarious how OCD she is sometimes about putting things back and forth.

She isn't one to sit still and snuggle, and would rather eat or throw the book being read to her instead of sitting and listening, but I attempt every now and then. It kind of seems she isn't going to be as into reading as Kylie is.

She usually takes 2 naps a day. Yea! And in the last two days, I've gotten her down to 2 bottles a day. Morning and night. She didn't take to it quietly though. She was still on 4 bottles a day just last week.

She has quite the little personality brewing inside her, and I can't wait till she starts talking more and I can learn what she is thinking. (I'm sure I will regret that later though!)

Here are a couple phone pictures from today. :)

enjoying some banana with her breakfast
 
She kept her hand up the whole time we sang
Happy Birthday to her. :)
 
Some cupcake eating shots
 
She had to take a quick bath after supper since she put her frosting covered hands in her hair while she was eating. :)
 
She got two little fingers in the big cake after
we blew out the candle. :)

The best I could get.
She was more concerned with her dad and
with Kylie than she was with looking
at me. :)
 
 
 
I'm going to try to do her one year photo shoot tomorrow afternoon and will get those uploaded and ordered and mailed out to people as soon as I can. I am teaching Joy School this week, so we will see how I am feeling after tomorrow morning! Thankfully it is only 2 days a week and I will only teach every 3-4 weeks!
 
 
 
Sidney obviously doesn't follow my directions very well, but I managed to get a few really amazing shots of my littlest lady!

 
one of my favorites!

"Hi!"

So cute!



Love!
 
"mooing" at the cows! :)

Another favorite!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment