Monday, February 8, 2016

I turned 30!

I turned 30 last week and I'm cool with it. I wasn't too worried about it, and it's been good so far....mostly. We have all been pretty sick for the last week, so that has been miserable. Very miserable.
Mike was able to get some antibiotics Thursday, but they haven't seemed to have kicked in yet. Hopefully soon though!  He left yesterday for a class in Denver. - So Mike's 31st birthday wasn't very much fun, since he was sick and had to drive to Denver....but we made the most of the morning with cards and gifts and lots of hugs.  We are saving yummy cake and goodies for next weekend in hopes that we all feel better then! And cake works on Valentine's day too!

On my birthday, Mike got me a certificate to get my toes all purdy. It was nice to get an hour to relax and do nothing. :)


And I made a delicious from scratch chocolate cake with from scratch chocolate frosting....it was amazing!



Last weekend we took a road trip to Sioux Falls to hang out with my parents, Mike's parents and his brother and nephew. It was nice to get away from Chadron for a couple days and see family! We just hung out and ate massive amounts of food all weekend. :)

There was a big water slide there that was perfect for Kylie and she loved being able to go down it all by herself.

I have very few pictures....but here is what I have. :)



Good Morning Nebraska

Sidney "reading"

Kylie discovered the BabySitters Club books
She read almost the whole thing in one day!

Grandpa trying to figure out how to do one
of Kylie's craft thingys that none of the rest of us
could figure out. :/


Grandpa Rick coming down the slide



Grandma Brenda




Grandpa Mark

Sidney napping away. :)







Kylie's first attempt at signing her name in cursive on our drive home.....not bad.
nothing a little practice can't fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment