Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easter Weekend ~ Part 2

On Saturday, we left for NE. We decided to go up and over the mountain since it would probably be our last chance to do that all together.

It wasn't too bad. The lake was frozen and there wasn't much traffic. Only got down into the teens at the coldest spot. Only wildlife we saw though was one single turkey. :)
We were almost down the mountain when I swear I saw a bear, so we turned around to check it out. Turns out, it was a yak. How have I never known there was a yak farm on the mountain? According to Mike, there is a whole herd of them, and he has seen them multiple times......sigh. I was quite disappointed.


One of the two yaks we saw. The first one I saw was farther away and looked much more like a bear...... :)

It's a good thing we turned around and pulled over though, because Kylie needed to step out for a minute and get some fresh air. She wasn't feeling very good and was looking a little pale. :(
My pale looking baby. :(
She perked right back up though, especially once we stopped in Buffalo and got snack and drink. :)

A mountain view
 
More snowy mountains
 
 
After Buffalo we got on I-80 and headed south. Which shortly afterwards, I caught a quick view of some antelope chasing a fox! It was awesome. There was a ridiculous amount of antelope between Buffalo and Casper!
 
 
Eventually we made it to Chadron and got to the hotel. Then Mike's parents, brother and nephew got there and we got to hang out. We spent a lot of time at the pool, and showing them around town and just hanging out. It was nice to have a low key holiday. I'm pretty sure it was our first holiday with out eating a home cooked meal though. That part felt kinda weird. :)
 
 
Here are just random pictures from our time in Chadron. :)
 
This is the look I get when I tell her it is time to get out and go back to the room.
 
Sleeping hard
 
Grandma Carol bought the girls Elsa dresses that light up and sing.
:)
The girls LOVED them. And still wear them regularly.
When we got home from our trip, they both put on their dresses and asked to watch Frozen. :)
 
 

The look Sidney gave me when I asked her if the Easter Bunny hid their baskets in our room.
:)


She found it easy peasy.

Kylie had to look a little harder, but eventually found it
behind the fridge. :)



 


 
 We went to Easter brunch at the Country Kitchen next to the hotel. And Sidney did her usual.....I want to eat a lemon......Twice. :)

 
 
 
Just before lunch we had drove south of town to show everyone the Job Corp Center that Mike will be working with. We also stopped at a campground to let the girls run around and discover that the Easter Bunny also left some eggs there for the girls to find. 
 














 
 
Some pool fun

convinced Sidney to float alone.

The boys loved the girls' pool noodles


Also taught Sidney to jump in the pool. If only I could get Kylie to do it.
 
(hopefully Kylie will learn lots when she starts swim lessons through school on Thursday!)
 
 
 It was a quick weekend with family since they all had to leave Monday morning. Mike started his job at the Forest Service on Monday, so it was just us three girls hanging out in town. We checked out one of the local parks and spent some time playing there.
They had an exceptionally tall twirly slide.

And a super fast tunnel slide.

This was their favorite. :)



It was a good trip. But sadly, Tuesday morning came around and the girls and I had to head back to Worland and leave Mike in Chadron. Sigh.
It's been about a week and a half, and the girls and I are surviving. :) Mike has been crazy busy this whole last week taking a class and teaching classes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In house news, I never realized before how difficult it is to be an adult until you want to purchase a home. It's been a pain, but I think everything is finally in line for us to purchase a cute little home in Chadron. (knock on wood)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other positive news, they found enough coaches for spring soccer, so Kylie started soccer this past week!
She has had two practices, and will have one more on Tuesday, before her first game next Thursday.
I might have been more excited than she was. Finally have something to do to keep us all busy! :)
 
She has a pretty serious coach this year. They run real drills and play mini games and just run during practice. each practice has been 45 min. The games are two 15 min halves. So I think she will have them ready. I think there are only a couple of kids on her team that played last year, so she started the first practice by teaching lots of kids that they can't pick up the ball! :)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm hoping to get some videos uploaded from egg dying/hunting, basket hunting sometime this next week. (I hope.)
 
I also have another post planned......just got to write it, so hopefully I will have another post next week too. :)
 
Hope things are well with everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment