Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sidney turned 2!

Two years. It went by fast! Sidney is nothing like we ever imagined. We expected another little girl, similar to Kylie. We got the little girl, but she was completely opposite of Kylie, and it has been wonderful!

Sidney is crazy, sneaky, stubborn, loud, determined, a little shy and a little snuggly. And she is just straight up wonderful. I am trying to take it all in because before I know it, she will be off to Kindergarten just like her big sister!

She had her 2 year well check this morning! We weighed her in at 28lbs and measure her at 36 inches. That puts her between 70th & 75th percentile for weight and at the 95th percentile for height. So, still taller than heavier and the doc was happy. She talks wonderfully and has quite the vocabulary! She loves to randomly bust out in song...similar to her sister, and she, sadly, has developed quite the fondness for TV. Her favorite show at the moment is Doc McStuffins. And listening to her say "Doc McStuffins" is absolutely fabulous. :)

She still has her nuk (pacifier) and we are pretty sure she is going to be pretty hard to be broken of it. Much harder than her big sister was.

We haven't really tried hard at attempting potty training. She doesn't seem to really be big on the idea yet, and I can't convince her to sit on the potty for more than 5 seconds anyways. It will come in due time....I hope.

We have also been contemplating taking the side of her crib off so she can have a "big kid" bed. She is such a good sleeper that I think she would be fine with it, but I also don't know if once it is gone, she will be out of her bed all night. She hasn't attempted trying to crawl out of her crib yet and seems to have no interest in trying to crawl out, but she also loves to lay in Kylie's big bed at night while we sing before getting put in her bed. Who knows what we'll do!


We opened presents as just the four of us, and had a toddler approved dinner of cheddar dogs and mac & cheese for supper. A little later, friends of ours came over and had cake with us. The second they got here Sidney got all shy and hid from them and wouldn't even unhide her face while we sang happy birthday to her. :) Even though she knows them pretty well.

Her cake wasn't as totally cool as Kylie's was, but it was still fun. We had an aqua/pink flower theme going on. I had my first attempt at making fondant, and it turned out amazing! (more than one person outside the family approved it, so I knew it was good!) And the colors even turned out and matched everything too! :) And since Sidney couldn't really argue with me too much about it, I got to pick the cake flavor. So we went with chocolate. :)

She had a wonderful day and enjoyed all her presents! Thanks to everyone who sent stuff!

Here are a bunch of pictures.
And maybe I'll get videos up later too! The cutest part was when she would keep saying...."My birthday, my presents" "My birthday". I think she enjoyed it all!

 







 "A boot!"

She was a big fan of the bubble wrap as well. :)


I love the look of "What is this?" on her face.


A trike!


Actually playing nicely and not
arguing over the new toy. :)

So Darn Cute!!



Mouth full of fondant flowers.....
She never ate her cupcake, she just kept
picking flowers off the cake! :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment