Sunday, February 2, 2014

Another year, come and gone

Well, I'm 28 now. The good news is that I still feel like I'm only 24 or so. :)

Mike, the girls and I celebrated my birthday Sunday night with a big yummy dinner and cake and cupcakes. He had to leave early Monday morning for a class down in Riverton. He will be back on Friday.

Kylie decided how they were all decorated
 
The extent of my decorating for my cake :)
 
Monday was pretty low key. We were suppose to go to a friends house just for a lunch and so our girls could play together, but shortly after I got there the rest of our joy school families arrived as well. Turns out Cami planned a little impromptu party for me/play date for the kids. She also made a whole bunch of cupcakes for the kids to decorate. She also put a candle in one, had everyone sing happy birthday, and made me blow it out. It was very nice.

the kids making their crescent hotdog lunch

decorating cupcakes

 
Only half the group of kids singing happy birthday.
(my bad aiming missed the other half!)

After lunch we went and dropped off a couple of cupcakes for some friends and then we came home and enjoyed the rest of the day just hanging out.

The plus side of having a big dinner Sunday night was that I didn't have to cook Monday night and there were delicious leftovers to eat! After supper we popped some popcorn and snacked on that. Afterwards Kylie thought it would be a good idea if her and I slept out in the living room. :) So we did.

Sleep out fun

Over all it was a good birthday, and I was glad I got to spend it with my girls and some lovely friends. :)


And a random blurry phone pic of Sidney running around in
a pair of my dress shoes. She did quite well actually, and
was having sooo much fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment