Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Couple of Sickos and a Weekly Update

Mike has had one serious cold the last few days that seems to be kicking his butt, poor guy. Sidney caught it and was miserable yesterday. There was a whole lot of couch snuggling with that girl. She then proceeded to make last night miserable for me, after the 5th time getting up with her, the two of us hit the couch and spent the rest of the night there. She didn't nap much today leading to one extremely over tired little girl tonight, who is so far fighting sleep with every ounce of effort she has left. I am really hoping she will give in soon. I really think she would feel tons better by tomorrow if she would just get some sleep.
my sleeping sickos.
 
Kylie and I have managed to not catch it, yet. I am truly hoping that we can avoid it. I was sick last year around superbowl time, and am hoping it is not going to be a new yearly tradition!


I taught school last week and Kylie greatly enjoyed having her friends over. We are learning about goals right now and about order and keeping things picked up and put away. I think the second part hasn't really clicked yet, as the play room and living room are still always littered with toys. *sigh* One day the place will stay clean....one day. Until then....Oh Well. :)


Library hour is a challenge now. Sidney has discovered that she can escape the room quite easily to go out to the children's area and play so I have to chase her around a lot. She also likes to pull books off the shelves. Ugh. So annoying.
They are starting a health series now though which should be fun. Every other week starting next week they are getting a visit from one of the following: a dentist, a nurse, a doctor and an eye doctor. I think the kids are really going to love it.


Something seemed to like our bird feeders. It completely stole mine. Kylie's hasn't been touched, but mine straight up disappeared. Hmmm...

The sky has been amazing out here this past week. Such beautiful colors. And the deer running around the house has been awesome as well. Both girls love watching them.

 
I found this cool little creation where the water drips
off the end of our gutter.
 

Sidney is quite the chatterbox and has developed her own little version of the Ewok language. It is pretty cute when she gets on a roll and won't stop "talking". She is growing up so much! Watching her open books and start chattering like she is reading the book is just priceless. She throws away garbage, she loves to put her empty cups in the sink and watching her "brush" her teeth is just fun. I was just thinking the other day..."Oh man, she is going to be TWO this year!" And my big little girl is going to start school this fall.....Where has all this time gone?!

Kylie is finally the size of the giant bear she won 2.5 years ago
 
Cowgirl Sidney

Kylie's napping fort

And lo and behold....she actually fell asleep and
took a nap in it!
(that was a pleasant afternoon!)
:)
 

I've been trying to get video of the girls to try to upload, but every time I actually start the camera, they stop doing what they were doing. But I am trying!

Hope all has been going well with all of you! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment